Paper Mario Colors of Creation; The Super Paper Mario Sequel You've Been Waiting For?

Discussion in 'News' started by CM30, May 30, 2016.

1. CM30 Staff Member

CM30 Administrator

Ratings:
    +1,102 / 4 / -0

Inventory:

2. Calin

Calin Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    This does look very interesting! And it's even got it's own music!

See, this is the kind of project I'd like to compose for. Shame I procrastinate so much, lmao.

3. main_gi

main_gi An Admіn, an Admіnistrator, and a Moderatоr (jk)

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I'm part of the project; I originally found it in the ICU Gigasoft forums. I'm doing level design and contributed some music as well. I think you could compose some tracks; I'm not great at it myself and have massive schedule slips. You can listen if you like to a beta I had:

Edit: Also, why is everything in bold?

4. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 1 / -0
    Very nice but (and I don't mean to jinx anything) but how has Nintendo not put the hammer to this yet?

5. Calin

Calin Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hey, nice to meet you! I'll PM you about this.

6. main_gi

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Got the message!

Nintendo is a heck of a lot more lax about fangames, and it's more original so it's not like that SM64 recreation in Unity that was C&D'd. It also needs to be much more popular to reach 'Project M' level. I am a bit worried that Epic Paper Mario, another fangame by a dev of two previous Mario RPG's, will be C&D'd because it got a lot more popularity on GameJolt, receiving about 150k views so far (crossing over to their other games as well). I'd want that growth only to happen after the game is released so if it does, people can modify it and spread it around faster than Nintendo can take it down.

7. Dark Young Link

Dark Young Link Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -0

Inventory:

You know, I like how it follows the Super Paper Mario format and that it's not turn based. That's what I like more about Super Paper Mario, even though I missed the partners. I just don't have the time or attention span to do turn based rpgs. Unless it's Pokemon, but that's another story.

This looks pretty awesome and I don't generally follow fangames so I'm excited to see where this goes.

8. main_gi

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    That is a weird reason to not play RPGs. Besides puzzle games, there is no better game for time or attention span than games where you can pause at about any moment :)

9. Dark Young Link

Dark Young Link Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -0

Inventory:

Well, a lot of older ones I want to play use save points. Like Final Fantasy 7, Paper Mario, and a handful of others. I'm at a point where I need to be ready to leave at any minute so if I'm in the middle of a boss battle or I'm not anywhere near a save point, then I'm kind of screwed lol.

10. ReWilfre

ReWilfre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah... I made some tracks too, but I am more of a references-to-other-games/remixes tracks...
    Here:

11. Benstar

Benstar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Calin if you want to help out, just send me a message :D

12. main_gi

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to think I can mix between remixes and original content for that. I liked how Seven Sages and Starlite Worlds used remixes (covers in that case), but ideally I'd like as close to a balance as possible for that. I'm glad you actually remix the music instead of changing the instruments and going "Well that's about that!" Currently, I'm at the point where I can make melodies well, but the issue is coming up with many things and they don't fit at all. Looking at other tracks (the ones I listen to, anyway) gave me a lot of detail.

Heh, I know that feeling. I recommend playing with savestates, but only using it to pick up from a previous playthrough and not to cheat deaths. After all, they are older games.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ReWilfre

ReWilfre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm good at making melodies too (not THAT good), but I always like to insert some references here and there :D

14. Calin

Calin Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Wwwwwow, yeah. I'm not gonna be able to top that no matter what I do, haha!

Alrighty.

15. ReWilfre

ReWilfre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey, do your best! Every musician has his/her own style, and I am sure you have potential! :3

16. main_gi

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    That is true. I try to get as close to how 'derivative' the thing I'm making is. Like Freezefrost Mountain has no connections at all, while Toad Town, you bet that's gonna have many. I was surprised that Penton would receive just that as a heavy source material. Even moreso that Benstar had nothing more to say about it.

If I make a tutorial about the music stuff, I'm not going to dance around like the tutorials I see (I can't read sheet music, the only pitch I can recognize is C, I have no musical education, etc.) If you want me to go into more detail I could.

I'm also gonna give up on this bold text. Gonna script it out!

17. Calin

Calin Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I'm rrrright there with ya.

18. Benstar

Benstar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Whats wrong with the Penton theme?

19. main_gi

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I believe I mentioned it before, but the track is good, but the placing I'm not so sure about. It'd be like, "Oh Rogueport that theme, I know, we'll use the SMB1 Underground as a base remix of that." Actually, I'm not sure about @ReWilfre's experience track with composing, so maybe he'd like to share. :)

20. ReWilfre

ReWilfre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, my experience? Oh, I have Musical Formation and Technology (MFT), Piano and Choir lessons. I only started composing a year ago... :p