Is a Fake Nintendo Employee Taking Down Fan Works?

Discussion in 'News' started by CM30, Jun 18, 2016.

1. CM30 Staff Member

CM30 Administrator

Ratings:
    +1,102 / 4 / -0

Inventory:

2. Dark Young Link

Dark Young Link Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -0

Inventory:

That would make sense. I mean, Nintendo probably isn't following fan projects, thus they don't know that someone is taking them down. Though, it may not even be a big enough concern for Nintendo, unless it starts hurting their sales.

Also I'm sure the guy taking down videos will find that and try to take it down. I wouldn't be surprised.

3. Nitwit

Nitwit Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    So all this time someone online was taking down Nintendo fanmade games and he doesn't work at Nintendo at all? Fucking disgusting!

@CM30 you have to share this to MyNintendoNews or sites like GoNintendo and tell them to report this news to them. Sent them a tweet on Twitter. Sickr will most likely post it on his site since he gets the most views there and that maybe other bigger websites can report on that too.

We can't let this troll get away with it! Iwata is rolling more into his grave not knowing that this guy has been screwing them over from the inside.

We can't stay silent about this forever!

We need to let them know that there's a troll online impersonating them and fast!

Please? You have more say on his site since he posts more of your stuff on MyNintendoNews. I don't want Nintendo's name to be dragged through the mud some more.

Good luck, bro?

4. CM30 Staff Member

CM30 Administrator

Ratings:
    +1,102 / 4 / -0

Inventory:

I mentioned it to them, but i guess I'll mention the news to them again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nitwit

Nitwit Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Good! It's too bad I deleted my Twitter account before I ever found out about this news. Would I have to ask Sickr about it? But the infamous hackings are what lead me to leave Twitter for the rest of this year! That and Twitter seems to get more and more boring the more I try to use it for communion. Nobody replies to me unless it's at the last minute of the hour. And Twitter promising things will get better are what made me also leave that site due to their broken promises. Sad? :shadowthief:

6. main_gi

main_gi An Admіn, an Admіnistrator, and a Moderatоr (jk)

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I don't know what's going on lately with big companies doing their job badly. YouTube, Facebook and Twitter aren't even owned by the same company.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nitwit

Nitwit Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Ikr? This shit has got to stop now! lol

I don't want anymore fan projects taken down for BS reasons and junk. :/

8. main_gi

main_gi An Admіn, an Admіnistrator, and a Moderatоr (jk)

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I was worried that might be the reason Epic Paper Mario's dev was suddenly uploading 10 seconds a month instead of 5 minutes a week. Nope, he just took a break from development. That would suck if he got a false claim. Currently, I can't even comment on my main account for YouTube as I've been frivolously suspended. Perhaps that would have been well timed if a Voat for YouTube was made and had all the jazz.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nitwit

Nitwit Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    yep. lol

10. Kaynil

Kaynil Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    That sucks this person got away doing this for so long. It sounds pretty conclusive if the person name, while legitimate, is an ex-employee that didn't even belonged to the legal side. Maybe the next step should be finding a way to contact this person and find out if they are doing this or if someone else is misusing his data.

11. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 1 / -0
    So does that mean that anyone faking a legal company could have anything removed?

12. Nitwit

Nitwit Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0